Welcome to Leeds School of Theology
“Healthy theology empowering you to bring change to the world.”
Who are we?
Leeds School of Theology is an informal school offering theological education which brings academic theology and missional practice together. The Leeds School of Theology is open to all and is an exciting opportunity for anyone wanting to gain a greater knowledge of God, Scripture and theology. Our courses will equip, empower and inspire you to think theologically and to read, study and apply God’s Word in a deeper and life transforming way.
What courses do we offer?
LSoT provides theological education through four different courses.
1) Our Dayschool offers theological training spread over three years. This course covers ‘Foundations in Christian Theology’ in Years One and Two while Year 3 has two elements, firstly a focus on learning Biblical languages (Greek or Hebrew) translating and studying key passages and in-depth work on exegesis and hermeneutics. Secondly, a series of seminars on contemporary areas of discussion for the church and how they engage with the Scriptures. This course runs from January to November and is spread over ten Saturday sessions, one a month with a break in August and December.
2) Our Nightschool Online follows the same curriculum as our Dayschool. The first two years are ‘Foundations in Christian Theology’ hile Year 3 has two elements, firstly a focus on learning Biblical languages (Greek or Hebrew) translating and studying key passages and in-depth work on exegesis and hermeneutics. Secondly, a series of seminars on contemporary areas of discussion for the church and how they engage with the Scriptures. This course runs online from September to July over 20 Monday evening sessions with all sessions live streamed via zoom. It follows the academic calendar with breaks for Half Terms, Christmas and Easter.
3) Our Advanced Leadership Course equips leaders to minister in their contexts fruitfully and for the long haul. This course runs over ten evening sessions with a mixture of face-to-face and on-line sessions.
4) Our Mission, Theology & Ministry for the Margins Course in partnership with Lighthouse West Yorkshire facilitates a dynamic learning community which will serve Christians already working alongside the marginalised or have a heart to pioneer in this area.
5) Our Justice, Peace & Reconciliation is an exciting, upcoming opportunity to explore, understand and respond to the crucial topics of climate change, racial reconciliation, the arms trade, justice and violence.
How do I sign up?
You can see when you next courses begin and find the links for Registration on our Register page.