In 2018 the Leeds School of Theology begun a new partnership with the Catalyst Network.
The Leeds School of Theology has grown from 20 students from one church to over 130 students across three years from over 20 churches across the region. By presenting accessible theological teaching while still maintaining high level academic content it has proved invaluable for those who have been able to access it.
It has however, always been limited by geography and so this exciting new partnership with Catalyst has helped open up the resource of Leeds School of Theology to even more people across the country. The school has always been rooted in, and aimed to be a resource for, the local church. Joining with Catalyst enables us to continue to do this alongside a church planting network helping to equip leaders for the local church.
The school is available for anyone wanting to gain a greater knowledge of God, Scripture and theology and continues to bring together a group of high quality and engaging teachers.
The day starts with breakfast and worship at the site followed by a live stream of the teaching from Leeds with a chance to ask the teacher questions and discuss further. In 2018 the teaching is following our Year One Programme.
YEAR ONE – Introduction to Christian Theology
- Intro to Theology and Scripture – what it is and why it matters
- Healthy Hermeneutics – learning to interpret the Bible well
- Old and New Testament Survey – the story and theology of the Bible
- Church History – getting perspective on the past
- Ecclesiology – a robust theology of the church
- Trinitarian Theology – understand and relating to Father, Son and Spirit
- Sovereignty and Freedom – how God and people interact
- Kingdom and Covenant – living the Bible’s greatest themes